Friday, April 18, 2008

ARRRGH!!!!!!

I just spent the last 40 minutes on the phone with ATT. The past two days they called my cell phone and a recorded message asked me to call them. It didn't say why.

So I called it today.

They were saying I was a month past due on my bill. I questioned that since I have had nothing but billing nightmares with them since I dropped my land line and only now have DSL and wireless with them.
I pulled up all of my payment information through my online banking so I could speak exactly to dates and amounts they had received from me.

The first person I got was pleasant but needed to transfer me to someone else. This next person was of no use whatsoever so they transferred me. The next person pulled up my info and she too needed to transfer me. I was then dropped back into the main call waiting area and had to start all over.

So the next person I got I was beginning to get very annoyed.
She began to tell me how I no longer had combined bill, and when I asked her then how did I pay a combined bill in march she answered straight from a training book, not from listening.

I asked for a supervisor.

It took awhile but I got one.

She listened to my long painful story. pulled up my info from all possible accounts and discovered the problem.
I did owe them, but only because they had turned off my paper bills and had only sent me an email bill, which I ignored since I paid my last paper bill. She was cool about the entire situation and took a months fee off of my owed total.

I paid online while still on the phone with her, and she told me she would call or text me tomorrow once all was up to date and she had everything fixed.

So while it was a painful long annoying call, good customer service won in the end.

I appreciated all she ended up doing to fix the situation.

No comments:

 
medatation