Monday, February 23, 2009

Nope. I Did Not.

I stuck to my, don't watch the Oscars rule I had set for myself.

I'm fine if what I thought was best doesn't win, but when the front runner and eventual winner was a movie that I really didn't like, I am not going to waste my time.

I also was finding it very hard to want to hear any boring speeches by rich pretentious people when way too many people are out of work and the economy sucks.

Nancy did tune in about the time for the big 4 awards. She wanted Mickey Rourke to win best actor. She went to bed right after she saw he didn't win. She says she too is done with the oscars. It seems the academy has lost touch. They talk about how last year was the lowest rated and watched program, but they didn't help themselves out much this year.

Star Wars was nominated for best picture the year it came out. I can't imagine that happening nowadays.

No comments:

 
medatation