Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weird Nights Sleep

So my last night in Montreal was the only one we really stayed out late and drank a lot. It was a pretty relaxing type of vacation, minus the painful 8 hours of being tattooed on the ribs.

So anyway after going to bed around 330am thursday, I woke up. Not sure what time it was or how long I had been asleep. But what I do know is I did not wake up in my bed in the hotel.

I was in a service elevator hallway.

I woke up and thought, "where the hell am I?"

Luckily I had gone to bed wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It would have been much worse to wake up there naked.

But I did not have my glasses on. So I made my way through the very blurry world back to my room. One big problem.

The door was locked.

I knocked but knew there was pretty much zero chance my friend would hear me.

What was I going to do? Sleep on the floor in the hallway? I hoped not.

I went down to the lobby. No one else was up in the hotel. One lone guy sat behind the front desk. I walked up. He said nothing. I squinted and realized he was fast asleep, sitting at the desk.

I got him to wake up, and told him I had locked myself out of my room. He asked my room number and made me a new key card.

I was both relieved and slightly creeped out of how easy it was for me to get a room key without a single question.

I headed back up to the room and went back to bed.

1 comment:

 
medatation