Saturday, July 31, 2010

Movie Review


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo-

I think if this was in english it would quickly be dismissed and be judged in the same realm as Basic Instinct or Body of Evidence.

It's a thriller that has some good parts, but a premise that when you stop and use your brain about, realize is pretty silly. This is based on a massive selling book. And maybe some of the scenes play out far better in the written word. Because there were moments that were meant to be shocking yet almost made me laugh. And the long running time is something else I have to hold against it. At the point I thought it was over, it went on for another 20 minutes.

Oh...and, prison doesn't look so bad in Denmark.

They are of course remaking this in english, because americans are too lazy to read subtitles. David Fincher is set to direct. So I am sure it will look good but my guess is it will still be a cheesy thriller.

[A very different view from Roger Ebert]

No comments:

 
medatation