Friday, August 20, 2010

Airline Complaint

Sure I could complain about countless things about the airlines. But for this post I will focus on one specific thing that has recently annoyed me during the recent travel I have been doing.

My trips have all been business trips. All of them were either flying in, going to a meeting and leaving the same day. Or at most, fly in the evening before and leave the next day. So I never have more than a courier bag with me.

Without fail every flight I get on I hear the same thing, "this is a full flight. So if you have a small carry on item please put it under the seat in front of you so we can keep the overhead bins for the large roll on bags."

Fuck that.

I am crammed into a basic airplane seat as it is. So now they want me to loose some leg/foot room that I have because I am traveling light?

They brought this problem on themselves when they started charging people to check bags. Maybe what they should have done is just raise the price of all tickets $5. It would be small enough that no one would notice or truly care, and then they would be getting the extra income without causing people to do all they could to never check a bag and face a known extra charge.

So airlines, I paid the same or normally more for my ticket than everyone else on the flight, so I will make sure I can be as comfortable as I can for the duration of my flight.

At some point I will also have to rant about all the dumb asses who still have no fucking clue how to go through security. But that is another story.

No comments:

 
medatation