Friday, December 10, 2010

Three Movies

Rising Son The Legend of Skateboarder Christian Hosoi-
If you skated in the 70s, 80s or 90s you'll probably relate to and like this movie.
I remember meeting Hosoi at a demo in the late 80s. I was never a fan. YEah he busted out some amazing high airs. And his christ air and rocket air were cool looking tricks, but he was not the type of skater I dug. But the movie is cool.


Red Riding 1974- 
The first in a trilogy about a child killer in england, corrupt cops and other stuff. It's shot really well. I do almost wish it had subtitles. Some of the characters are near impossible to understand. But I can't wait to watch the other two.


The Killer Inside Me-
I read the book because I heard it was dark and disturbing. It probably was for the time it was written. But it was also pretty forgettable. But even so I was excited to see the movie. It's full of big name actors. And it was boring. It had the wrong feeling throughout. It had more of an American Psycho vide, and that just seemed wrong. Or maybe my memory of the book is way off and the movie was spot on. But whatever, it was boring. I can't recommend it.





No comments:

 
medatation