Friday, July 15, 2011

Quit Netflix Day

Netflix is separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

What does this mean to the loyal members?

That everyone's plan cost will go up.

I am fine that they want to add a charge for the streaming service. But to charge everyone full price for it on top of your dvd plan seems a bit much.

So I propose that August 31 is Quit Netflix Day.

Maybe if enough people join this group they might change the new cost structure.

[Head over here to join the group]

and head over to QuitNetflix.com too.

1 comment:

R. Cline said...

I quit two days ago. It was hard b/c they have provided me with some great and otherwise hard to find film experiences. I was a member since 2006. First they took away online film community, now this. They took something really cool and turned it into another corporate venture. I hate to single them out since many companies are doing similar gougings of consumers, but my car can't run on movies, and their flimsy excuses for rising prices. Their betting on customers being too lazy to quit them. I propose a film co-op that allows friends and aquaintances to exchange dvds for watching at a monthly meeting place and return them at next meeting. Disc for disc. People you know to be reliable.

 
medatation