Thursday, September 29, 2011

A First And Maybe A Last

In my 43 years I have never gone to any sort of funeral.

Nancy would always tell me that they were to support the people still living. Far less about the ones who passed away.

I got it, but I guess didn't get it completely, partly because I had lots of people I knew pass away for as long as I can remember. So death was never a rare occurrence. It truly was just part of life.

Well this all ended this evening. An event happened where I knew I had to be at the visitation to support a dear friend of mine. I had not seen he or his wife in quite some time.

Their 14 year old son had passed away. I knew I had to be there for them. It was truly the least I could do.

I can't imagine what they are going through. I am deeply sorry for their loss and no words can truly do enough to express those feelings.

No comments:

 
medatation