Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Time To Start My Best Of Lists

Well it's that time of year again for every person and publication to spout their opinion of the best things of the year. And why should I be any different?

So in no particular order here are my favorite albums of 2011:

And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead- Tao of the Dead
I love pretty much anything they do. And the final 16+ minute song is awesome.

TV On The Radio- Nine Types of Light
They continue to make cool music. I couldn't get enough of the first track on the album.

The Black Keys- El Camino
A slight departure from their norm. But still full of good.

Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi- Rome
An album version of a spaghetti western.

The Flaming Lips- Gummy Song Fetus
Sorry no link to buy this. You either have to track one down or find a torrent on your own. It took a bit to grow on me but once it did, I craved to hear it.

Foo Fighters- Wasting Light
Still rocking hard.

The Knux- Eraser
They do rap well.

Scream- Complete Control Sessions
A new album from one of my favorite punk rock bands from the 80s. How could I not love it?

Social Distortion- Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes
Same formula they have been doing forever. And still working.

Wugazi- 13 Chambers
Sorry no link to buy this either. Go to their site and you can download it. A remix of Wu Tang and Fugazi. These are a few of my favorite things.

So those are 10 albums that came out this year that I like quite a bit. I got a ton of other music but not stuff released this year. So check out some of the above. Maybe you will find something you like.

No comments:

 
medatation