Sunday, February 19, 2012

Really?

I think pretty much all politicians are lying self serving assholes.

But things seem to be getting scarier and scarier. The fact that a backwards thinking Rick Santorum can be as popular as he is makes me sad of the state of the States.

You are free to whatever you want to think and want to buy into. Just as I am free to voice my opinion of how stupid people are for supporting this idiot.

But really? If this guy worked with you and said this crap, you wouldn't even go out to lunch with him. But people will consider him to run the country?

Here are just a few quotes from him:

“The reason Social Security is in big trouble is we don’t have enough workers to support the retirees. A third of all the young people in America are not in America today because of abortion, because one in three pregnancies end in abortion.”
- Rick Santorum on how abortion is responsible for Social Security’s problems, 3/29/11

“Is anyone saying same-sex couples can’t love each other? I love my children. I love my friends, my brother. Heck, I even love my mother-in-law. Should we call these relationships marriage, too?”
- Rick Santorum comparing his love for his mother-in-law to the love that same-sex couples share, 5/22/2008

“But unlike abortion today, in most states even the slaveholder did not have the unlimited right to kill his slave.”
–Comparing a woman’s right to choose to slavery. It Takes a Family, Pg. 241, July 2005.

[More here]

No comments:

 
medatation