Friday, November 9, 2012

Boring

I've been boring as of late. Life has gotten in the way. It's not like we're one of those families that has Jett in a million activities and we spend our waking hours shuttling him from one to the next.

But I have fallen into a rut.

Wake up, get Jett to school, go to work, come home, have dinner, get Jett to bed, sit and veg out for maybe 2 hours, go to bed, repeat.

I went out a lot more when Jett was younger. He went to bed earlier and his evening routine was easier for one person to handle.

I guess I still do more exciting things than many other folks my age. I did take a half day off work this week to go get tattooed. And last week I did go to a fun punk rock show.

But also, hanging at home wins out over going out. I don't want to be boring, but maybe it's part of our DNA. MAybe it's to make room for the younger generation to go out without older folks around.


No comments:

 
medatation