Thursday, November 22, 2012

I Just Don't Get It

Three years ago, virtually no stores were open on Thanksgiving Day. This year, Walmart, Sears, Kmart, and Toys ‘R’ Us will open at 8 p.m. Target will open an hour later at 9 p.m.

I went to Best Buy yesterday afternoon to pick up some Blu Rays with a gift card I had. There were three tents set up of people waiting for the deals already. I have no idea how long they were there. But without knowing anything, I can pretty safely say they were stupid.

I like deals.

I like stuff.

But I rarely care enough about the deal to go through a ton of hassle for the stuff. And giant crowds, early mornings, etc. are not anything I would ever think about dealing with.

I value my time far more than saving a few bucks.

And do I really need to go do something that will be a guarantee to raise my blood pressure and make me want to kill strangers?

And now that the sales have crept into being on Thanksgiving day. That is insane.

But as long as the mindless masses will go, the greedy corporations will do all they can to take your money.

So don't go. Stay home. Relax.

Order stuff online if you just have to buy something.

No comments:

 
medatation