Friday, November 16, 2012

Movie Review

Killer Joe-

Another movie that I had been wanting to see since I first saw the trailer. Then there was buzz that it got an NC-17 rating, so I wanted to see what it was that got it that.

It was originally a play, and it feels that way. But Friedkin's Bug was also that so it wasn't new territory for him.

The movie is full of despicable people. I don't think there is a decent human among them.

I liked it. It had a dark humor about it. The performances were good. But I think I would've liked it a lot more had it not gotten the NC-17 rating. It was no worse than tons and tons of R rated movies I've seen.

So don't expect shocking. Just expect a good dark movie and if you like that kind of thing, you will like this.

FYI:

In an interview Gina Gershon revealed that she wore a merkin. After ordering a wide variety, she settled on one she named Bertha.

No comments:

 
medatation