Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Am A Mean Bastard

I was sitting in my office at home this afternoon. (had to work from home cause Jett's school was closed)

I hear shovels and voices right outside my office window. I mostly ignore it and assume it's the neighbors shoveling their driveway.

But the voices seemed off. So I look out the window. It's a group of young teenage boys. I assume just cutting through the yards. But...

They were cutting through and a bit more.

They were throwing sticks and logs.

Where?

Onto my pool cover. My frozen pool cover.

Logs on a frozen pool cover, tear it.

I open the back door and yell at them.

They take off running.

I throw on my boots and a jacket and chase after them.

They dropped a lot of their things. I was grabbing them to track them down if I didn't catch them.

But I caught them.

I most likely scared the shit out of them.

One of them lived where they ran to. After yelling at them, I told them to get a piece of paper and write down all they're names and phone numbers. But I kept one of them so they couldn't just disappear inside.

Poor kid was scared and apologizing profusely.

All ended well though. I can't go into more detail here to protect the parents identity.

Made for an exciting afternoon.

And probably scared them from doing something like that for quite awhile. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Stay away from there, that's Ol' Man Rifkin's house, he's mean.

BexRocks said...

I would have done the same thing. Not cool, kids! Not cool.

Scott Beck said...

You are my hero.

 
medatation