Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mail

This article talks about how the USPS says Saturday mail delivery will be going away.

For many many years the idea of being a mailman was super appealing to me. Have a nice walking route in a nice neighborhood. Get exercise, and have a pretty hassle free job.

But now the USPS seems to be having a lot of trouble finding their role in the 21st century.

I'd say 98% of the mail I get is garbage.  1% are bills. And 1% might be something I care about.

And the stuff I care would most likely be Christmas cards or invites. How about we all go to digital jpeg Christmas cars. I could get a digital frame and upload them to is. Place it on the mantle and have a slide show of them all.

And invites? Can't that go digital too? HAve it tagged with a calendar setting.

Sure losing the Post office would mean an ass ton of jobs lost, But it seems to be an industry of mostly pointless work.

No comments:

 
medatation