Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Movie Review

Snowpiercer-

I hated the trailer. It looked ridiculous. I didn't even make it through it.

But then a co-worker (and friend) who's opinion I value came into work on Monday raving about how great the movie was.

So last night I watched it.

I should've stuck with my first instinct to avoid it.

I hated it.

Yes it has some great actors in it. But they can't save this train wreck from going off the tracks. Bad pun I know.

I went in accepting the ludicrous plot:
Set in a future where a failed climate-change experiment kills all life on the planet except for a lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system emerges.

But so many dumb things happen throughout the movie, I couldn't handle it. I just could never understand the rules of the world the filmmaker was trying to create.

So many unaddressed questions.
Things like, Why the fuck are they on a train?



No comments:

 
medatation