Thursday, June 25, 2015

Jaws

It’s one of my top 3 favorite movies of all time.

I’ve seen it more times than I could count. I’ve owned it on VHS, Laser disc, DVD and blu ray.

I had never seen it on the big screen in the theater.

It came out in 1975. I was 6 when it came out in June that year. My parents wouldn’t let me see it. Though soon after that I saw all sorts of things.

So last night I was able to go see it for the 40th anniversary of it’s release with a couple friends.

It was fun awaiting Ali to jump when Ben Gardener’s head pops out of the bottom of the boat. Always the best part of watching it with someone unfamiliar with every second of every scene.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing Bill Murray sing the love theme from Jaws on SNL's 40th anniversary was pretty awesome too. I remember seeing this at a theater in New Jersey and my cousin would wake up screaming with bad dreams about sharks. Swimming in the ocean was never the same after watching this movie. I def think seeing this movie now makes me appreciate it's impact even more.

 
medatation