Thursday, November 12, 2015

Hate Hate Hate

When will brands, agencies and media companies learn, that just because you can put an ad somewhere doesn't mean it's a good idea. The pre-roll crap before videos is bad enough. I just hover over the button waiting till I can skip it. If it is one of the horrible ones that you can't skip, I open another tab in my browser and look at something else till the ad is over.

But I am so sick of these pop ups on videos.

Does anyone ever click them on purpose? Or are their only clicks from people trying to close them who click in the slightly wrong spot.

Same thing with the multiple choice questions that STLtoday makes you answer before being able to see the story you are there for in the first place. I don't read your question or answers. I just click to get your crap out of my way.

I understand it is all this crap that keeps the content free to we the consumer.

But these all interrupt my experience. They detract from what I really want to do. I don't feel this way about print ads in magazines, or billboards.

So how can we help brands advertise without it being pure distracting annoying crap?

No comments:

 
medatation