Monday, December 21, 2015

Movie Review

The Hateful Eight-

Replace “ful” with “ed” in “Hateful” and delete the E, g and h. in “Eight”, and that it what I thought of the movie.

I was excited about this movie. I have been disappointed  with Tarantino movies for quite a long time now, but I had hopes for this. And I was excited to see how it was shot using 70mm.

Well using that film format was a waste on such a schlocky, boring, cheesy movie.

It feels like a small town stage play. The acting is both wooden and over the top. The plot is formulaic and boring. I didn’t care about the “mystery” if you can even call it that. When you don’t care about any of the characters, it makes it really hard to care about anything that happens.

And it’s not just because they are all bad guys. I The Good The Bad and The Ugly you care about Blondie and Tuco, because the movie makes them human.

Every character in this is cardboard.

And it’s been said before and I ignored it and found the conversation silly. Tarantino use of the N word. Well it is out of control in this movie too. To the point that I found it distracting.

The tone of the movie is all over the place. Is it serious? Is it campy? Is it over the top B movie?

Doesn’t matter, it’s just bad.

At almost 3 hours I wanted to turn it off at the halfway point. And I should have.

At one point there is a flashback scene. Problem with it is I didn’t care. Everything it showed me could have been handled by one line of dialogue. It served no purpose other than to throw in more bad acting by more actors.

I know this bad review won’t stop anyone from seeing it. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.

I might have to be done with Tarantino flicks.


No comments:

 
medatation