Saturday, December 26, 2015

Movie Reviews



Me, Earl and The Dying Girl-

This was a mash up of John Hughes, Michel Gondry and Wes Anderson. Which make this pretty awesome.

A sweet movie about an award high school boy and a girl who has cancer.

Quirky, funny, sad and good.

Well acted. Well shot. Well worth seeing.



The Cobbler-

The director Tom McCarthy has done some awesome low key movies; The Station Agent, The Visitor and Win Win. I really like all 3 of those. So I was excited about his latest movie. And I am an Adam Sandler fan, and like his turns at Drama.

This had been pretty critically panned, so I tried going in with an open mind.

I was really enjoying it. But then it took one too many odd turns for me. It was a quiet sweet drama, an thriller and a scuff movie. But it didn’t combine those in a good way.

Certainly unlike anything else I saw this year.

And not as bad as some other things I’ve watched this week.

But I can’t really recommend watching this. Instead go check out the directors three previous films.


Pixels-
Good mindless fun.
I had zero expectations going into this.
And as Nancy said it’s a sort of Ghostbusters type story.

It had parts that made me laugh. The pop culture references were fun.

Enjoyable. But not high cinema. But it’s not trying to be.

No comments:

 
medatation