Sunday, July 17, 2016

Reviews And The Weekend

Green Room-
I love the directors first movie Blue Ruin. It is tense as hell.

So I was excited that his next movie also involved punk rock. I was a little confused as to how the plot would play out from reading the synopsis.

I would say other than the basics of; Punk band plays a white power skinhead club, sees something they shouldn’t and is then not allowed to leave, don’t go into this knowing anything more.

Certainly not a movie for everyone, but I really liked it a lot.


The Cheap Trick, Joan Jett and Heart show last night was a lot of fun.

Shockingly Cheap Trick opened!

Maybe I’m biased but I certainly think they should be the closer.

They were amazing as always. Have a ton of energy for a bunch of old dudes.

Joan Jett sounded really good. But it was very obvious that her band doesn’t have the experience to work a stage that big at a venue like that. They should definitely play first.

I had never seen Heart before. They have several songs from the 70s that I think are awesome, but their 80s stuff was bad in the 80s and is worse now. The wilson sisters cane still play and sing great, but they should play second.

Buying Nancy’s new car (a Prius C) was a painless experience. A long experience, but painless. The salesman was nice. We got a good price. And Nancy is super thrilled with it.


No comments:

 
medatation