Monday, September 1, 2008

Latest Alleycat Race Info

Hopefully it won't rain. You can email me to make sure all things are still a go. Or you can email me and I'd can give you my number. I just have an aversion to posting my phone number on the internet.

We are only one day away from the race now. The pins are made, the spoke cards are done, the maps are printed. Aside from buying beer Sunday morning all is good to go.

Remember bring:
Courier bag or back pack
Lock (unless you want you bike to possibly be stolen)
$6-$8

Keep in mind this is all just for fun and an excuse to rides bikes around.
So not coming and taking part because you don't think you will win is a silly excuse.
Bring a couple friends and ride to the check points at your own pace. Stop for drinks.
Whatever.
Come just to drink beer in a park.
Have Fun.

We don't need check point workers for the format we came up with. But if you don't want to race but want to help, we'd be happy to have you.

Well the checkpoints are all picked. We can't give away too much of this years format but it should be a good time. Depending on the course you choose the race will be between 12-14 miles, so it's not that far so come out and have some fun.

The start and finish will be at Tilles Park (at Hampton and fyler)
There is no entry fee. (but that doesn't mean you won't need to bring money)

Here is what you will need:
Bike (duh)
Courier bag or back pack
Lock (unless you want you bike to possibly be stolen)
$6-$8


What you will get (not bad for no entry fee):
Spoke card
Race Button
Check point location map
Beer at the end of the race

The more people who race the more prizes there will be.
We will have prizes for the following:

Men
1st
2nd
3rd

Women
1st

DFL (dead fucking last)

And a special prize for one clever person

Registration at 2pm
Race at 3pm
So save the date. It's gonna be a good one.
We will have a new flyer with all the details to hand out at the next Full Moon Fiasco.

See you on Sunday September 21.

If for some crazy reason we get more riders than we have spoke cards and pins, we apologize in advance and will do our best to get more made.

And right now we don't have a rain plan.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

siiicK!

DoeHands said...

1) what kind of clever are we talking here?

2) is there really only one spot for a girl to place? There are so many girls that are fast...

3) I'm honestly worried about getting DFL, but then again, I would be pretty proud of myself for 'placing' at all.

4) If I can't be a winner, I'd like to request a ribbon for trying. Pabst form is acceptable.

5) I'm a little nervous. I just went to my first bike race period on labor day, and now I'm going to an alley cat...So many days of consecutive bike riding for a newbie is almost certainly securing me DFL.

Jeff said...

1. Clever according to Jake and I. Can't blow the format surprise.

2. last year we only had two girls race. And our races have an element of chance. fastest doesn't always win.

3. DFL would get you a prize.

4. There will be free beer for all

5. Don't compare an alleycat here to the labor day crit races. You decide your route, you decide how fast you want to go. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Are all bike types welcome or is this a fixie only race?

Jeff said...

People may ride any kind of bike they like.
This is to have fun. That is all.

houvenagle said...

spoke cards are done and in hand

Anonymous said...

So how was the race? Sounded like fun and I'm curious how many riders you had. . .

Jeff said...

Go here for all the results.

 
medatation