Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voted

For the first time in my eligible 26 years, I voted.

It's no secret. I voted for the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson. While no he will not win, due to the stranglehold the two party system has on the rules, but hopefully he will get 5% of the vote and the party will be eligible for federal funding for the next election.

That in this day of information being so readily available, I find it sad that people do little to educate themselves on the people they are voting for.

They held a mock election at Jett's school. And they are already teaching them the ways of our shitty two party run system. The kids only had two choices.

At least we had 4 presidential candidates on the ballot here in Missouri. And I will readily admit that I knew nothing of the Constitutional party candidate.

So for the majority of the people out there, they had no clue about two names on the ballot. And that is wrong.

Wake up. The two parties are in this game together. And it's a game that only they and their friends with money and power will truly win.

No comments:

 
medatation