Saturday, September 12, 2015

Movie Review

The Visit-

M. Night Shyamalan’s first 3 films were great. Unbreakable is still easily one of my favorite movies. Then came 5 awful movies. I wondered (as did most everyone) what happened to him?

But there was something about the trailer for this movie that intrigued me. It seemed simple and creepy. Then once good reviews started to roll in, I wanted to see it.

It was 90% really good.

Good performances all around. I like that it has no score. A decent use of the hand held footage type of movie.

The twist (yes there is a twist or reveal or whatever term you’d like to use) surprised me. I didn’t see it coming.

But then it went downhill. It had characters not behaving as I think they would have from what we had learned of them up until that point.

It could have gone in a far better direction and still continued to play smart, simple and creepy.

It does show promise that he is heading back to making good movies again.

SPOILERS:
(highlight over to see)
After we learn that they are not their grandparents it would have been so much better if they had taken off into the woods. Have the imposters looking for them, but then just taking off not to be found. There was also a part of me that truly just wanted them to be old. That there was nothing truly creepy in the end.

No comments:

 
medatation