Sunday, January 31, 2016

Matcha Tea

For the past month (maybe a bit more) I have given Matcha Green Tea Powder a try. I was using Midori Spring Gold Class, which is a genuine Ceremonial grade Matcha from Japan.

I had heard that Matcha has a variety of health benefits; from more energy, reduced stress and weight control among others. And with how things have been I needed any help I could get.

I will say the taste is unique. It’s why I wanted to try it for a chunk of time before I said anything about it one way or another. To me it has almost a seaweed taste. But I love seaweed so it works for me. I tried it with also adding a bit of honey, which was good, but I overall preferred it on it’s own.

It is a bit of a process to make it the perfect way (video below). I started to get used to doing it (no I did not have the bamboo whisk), but at the beginning it was a bit of a chore compared to a cup of tea that uses a traditional tea bag. It also took me a couple times to avoid any clumps of powder.

If you haven’t heard of or tried Matcha Green Tea Powder, and you like tea and Japanese cuisine, I would say pick some up and give it a try.

Learn way more about it on The Midori Spring site, than I could ever tell you about it.

If I have piqued your interest, you can buy it here.



No comments:

 
medatation